The Lea Gramsdorff Archives

Lea Gramsdorff profile on Filmmakers

Lea Gramsdorff — photo by Gaia Marturano

Lea Gramsdorff's professional profile is now available on Filmmakers.

The profile brings together her current showreels, photographs, training and selected credits across film, television and theatre, alongside a short personal introduction to her work as an actress and artist.

“In 1996 I graduated as actress at the Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia (Rome) and I always loved to play in front of the camera. Film taught me to seek for truth and transparency and minimalism. At some point destiny pushed me on stage and theatre taught me boldness, theatre obliged me to evolve as an artist. This took me to the next step: directing, playwriting, painting. One discipline expands the others, so I am a different actress now, than I was when I started. I like to feel challenged, I like to take risks.”

From cinema's search for truth, transparency and minimalism to the boldness of theatre, directing, writing and painting, the profile offers a concise portrait of an artistic practice that has continued to evolve across different disciplines.

View Lea Gramsdorff's profile on Filmmakers →


source: Filmmakers